In the News
- A comeback for the state’s historic tax credit program? Four years after the program was cut, Gov. Chafee and others advocate its reinstatement.
- Vote for your favorites in (and out) of Providence in the Phoenix’s annual “Best of” contest.
- Two historic signs on Route 66 in Los Angeles are restored thanks to community passion.
- New documentary to highlight the motels of Route 66.
Friday March 9, 2012
- CultureLab at the Haffenreffer Museum. 1-3pm.
21 Prospect Street, Providence, RI.
Visit Brown University’s Haffenreffer Museum to get up close and personal with objects in the museum collection. Talk to museum handlers, take part in activities, and learn more about the collection.
- Rhode Island College Spring Choral Concert. 8pm. $10/person.
Sapinsley Hall, Nazarian Center, Providence, RI.
The RIC Chorus, Chamber Singers, Women’s and Men’s Choruses perform in the annual Spring Choral Concert.
Saturday March 10, 2012
- Ghost Tour of Belcourt Castle. 5:45pm.* $25 adult/$15 student.
Owner Harle Tinney leads a ghost tour of Belcourt Castle and discusses her new book. *Reservations recommended.
- Mount Hope Farmer’s Market. 9am.
Mount Hope Farm Barn, 250 Metacom Ave., Bristol
Explore local wares at the Mount Hope Farmer’s Market, and end your morning with a tour of the historic Mount Hope Farm and Governor Bradford Inn.
Sunday March 11, 2012
- “Voices from the Back Stairs: Women’s History Month Series.”* 2-3:30pm. $15/non-members.
Historic New England, Otis House, 141 Cambridge St., Boston, MA.
Lecture about 19th and 20th century domestic servants in New England, with special emphasis on the roles of women. *Registration recommended.
Happy weekend! LW.